Friday, December 10, 2010

“The Gift of the Magi” - Surprise Ending.

When I finised reading “The Gift of the Magi” by O. Henry, I felt shocked. I never would have thought that the ending would end like that. I think it's very cute that Della and Jim gave their most precious items away. Jim gave away his watch and bought combs for Della's was hair. Della gave away her hair and bought a chain for Jims watch. I was shocked I thought the story was going to end with Jim loosing the combs, or with Della loosing the watch. When they both got home they would tell each other that they lost the items and their chirstmas would be ruined. The conclusion of this story is that they did end up buying each other their gifts.

2 comments:

  1. Griselda I felt that way also that was a really great story

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I love storys that have to do with love! its so heart touching!!

    ReplyDelete